PIXMA MX492 Black Wireless
SMALL FOOTPRINT AND BUSINESS QUALITY PRINTING RIGHT FROM YOUR TABLET OR SMARTPHONE
Print from more locations than ever with the MX492 thanks to outstanding connectivity options and the ability to place the printer more places than ever with it’s 30% reduction in size over previous MX models. With Google Cloud Print™ and AirPrint™, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It’s loaded with timesaving features, as well, including a fully-integrated automatic document feeder which holds up to 20 sheets. Plus, the optional XL ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
Another great feature of the PIXMA MX492 is My Image Garden software. My Image Garden puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print, in one convenient software application. It helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition.
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- To install using WindowsÂ® OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC."
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires an Internet connection and the Canon Print App, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 5.1 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with IntelÂ® processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 or 10 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.