• Receive exclusive offers on select Canon gear
• Enter our Holiday Sweepstakes* for your chance to win a free gift
* NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Canon Naughty or Nice Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, physically located and residing within the U.S. or D.C. at the time of entry, and who have registered for Canon's 2016 Holiday Email program on either the Naughty or Nice email list. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Canon U.S.A., Inc. ("Sponsor"), and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, dealers, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes shall take place during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period starts on October 7, 2016 at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2016 at 11:59 P.M. ET. Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: Visit [https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/naughty-or-nice] and register for Canon's 2016 Holiday Email program on either the Naughty or Nice email list to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes Entry"). By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, you consent to receiving emails from Sponsor and/or its licensees and assignees relating to Canon's Holiday email program and the Sweepstakes. You may unsubscribe from the Holiday email program at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
Limited to one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If multiple, similar Sweepstakes Entries are received from any person/e-mail address/handle for the same entrant, only the first such Sweepstakes Entry received will be eligible for entry. Incomplete Sweepstakes Entries, including but not limited to those Sweepstakes Entries that do not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, will not be eligible. Sweepstakes Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or improper means and Sweepstakes Entries made by any means which subvert the participation process will be void in Sponsor's sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Random Sweepstakes Drawings: On or about February 1, 2016, following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select twenty (20) potential winners from among all valid entries received.
- Prize, ARV, and Odds of Winning: Twenty (20) winners will each receive One (1) Canon Fleece Blanket (the "Prize"). The total approximate retail value of the Canon Fleece Blanket is $20.00.
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor's sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Arrangements for delivery of prize will be made after winner verification.
- How to Claim Prize: Potential Winners will be notified via email. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with the Official Rules, cannot be reached or fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Canon, fails to complete and return any required paperwork, affidavit, or release, fails to accept the Prize or if any attempted notification or Prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative Winner, Sponsor will select this alternative Winner at random from amongst all eligible Entrants. Prize will be sent to each winner via six to eight weeks following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
- Limitation of Liability: Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, or undeliverable e-mail or direct messages or Sweepstakes Entries; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/ Internet / website/ social media platform accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Promotion Parties are not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or combination thereof, including injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participant's or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted, or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, the entrant's sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the winner(s), in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of the winner(s) from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address/handle submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address/handle by an online service provider responsible for assigning email addresses/handles for the domain associated with the submitted email address/handle. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address/handle associated with the winning Sweepstakes Entry. Entrants may not register or enter with multiple email addresses/handles nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses/handles under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
Sweepstakes Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible entries will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the website, attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or otherwise acts in a disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and the District of Columbia and, by entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, are governed by the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Suffolk County, New York.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING, ENTRANTS AGREE (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING): (A) TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM BASED ON COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, FALSE ASSOCIATION, RIGHT OF PUBLICITY, RIGHT OF PRIVACY, DEFAMATION, ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION AND/OR BREACH OF CONTRACT; (B) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (C) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND (D) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, EXCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COURT COSTS. ENTRANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR ATTEMPT TO INTERFERE WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT TAKE PLACE OR IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR ACTS OF TERRORISM.
- Release / Publicity Rights: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, Instagram or Twitter handle, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Use of Data: Please see Sponsor's Privacy Statement, located at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/standard_display/abtcan_lgl_privacy_misc for details of Sponsor's practices regarding the collection and use of personal information in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor's collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsor's Privacy Statement.
- Winners List Requests: To receive a copy of the Winners List for this Sweepstakes (available after February 1, 2016) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List Request", Canon Naughty or Nice Sweepstakes c/o Digital Marketing Services Division, One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747 (no later than August 31, 2015).
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747.