By accessing and using the proprietary software application licensed by Canon Inc. and the personal print publishing services offered by Canon U.S.A., Inc. (“Canon USA”) and Canon Inc., and any other services, software applications, features or content offered from time to time by Canon Inc. and/or Canon USA in connection with the personal print publishing services (collectively, the “Services”), you expressly consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of data uploaded or otherwise provided by you in connection with the Services (the “Data”) in the United States and other countries by Canon Inc., Canon USA and third parties providing services on behalf of Canon Inc. and/or Canon USA, all in accordance with the Canon Inc. Privacy Statement described below and the Canon USA Privacy Statement.
Last updated: December 01, 2016
Canon Inc. PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") describes the information that Canon Inc. , the developer of this application, may collect from users of hdAlbum EZ (the “App”) and how this information is used and disclosed.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully, by using hdAlbum EZ, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Types of personal information Canon Inc. may collect from you includes:
• Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, phone number, and email-address.
• Digital content such as images or details of photo albums which you have created and purchased, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those photo albums. Digital content may include metadata collected from the images uploaded to the App.
• Canon ecommerce Member's user ID (e-mail address), if applicable.
• Geo-location data such as your IP address, physical location, and other similar information collected when you request location based services.
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the App or indirectly through your use of the App. We may also use standard internet technologies and other similar technologies, including analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adjust, to track your use of the App, assist us in understanding how you use the App, and measure the overall effectiveness of the App.
2. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
Canon Inc. may use your information: (i) for the specific purpose for which the information was provided; (ii) as disclosed at the time such information is provided; and/or (iii) as disclosed in this Privacy Statement. Canon Inc. may also use your information to:
• Assess the performance of hdAlbum EZ and generate analytics.
• Prevent fraud.
In addition to the options provided by your mobile operating systems, you may opt out of the collection of information on the App as follows:
• Uninstalling the App – you can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the App marketplace or network.
4. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Canon Inc. may share your information we collected with its affiliated companies within the Canon group in order for them to perform part of hdAlbum EZ. In addition, Canon Inc. may use third party service providers and business partners to provide hdAlbum EZ, to perform functions, or to provide analytics, in connection with hdAlbum EZ and may share your information with them.
Canon Inc. may also share your personal information:
• In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our web site Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies.
• In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
5. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Canon Inc. does not target its hdAlbum EZ to children under 13. Canon Inc. encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children of all ages and to participate with them in the various interactive activities and downloadable projects that may be available on our hdAlbum EZ from time to time.
6. THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES
There are a number of places in hdAlbum EZ where you may click on a link to access other web sites that do not operate under this Privacy Statement. For example, if you click on an advertisement or a third-party logo in the App, you may be taken to a web site that we do not control. These third-party web sites, including subsites owned or controlled by Canon Inc., may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party web sites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link typically located at the bottom of the web page you are visiting.
7. USER GENERATED CONTENT
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
When you submit information to Canon Inc. through hdAlbum EZ, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across multiple computer systems on the Internet. Although we take steps to protect your information, data security technologies constantly are evolving. Because no method of transmitting or storing electronic data on the Internet is ever completely secure, we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Statement.
9. DATA STORAGE
Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. The Canon Inc. servers that process the data you provide us are located in Germany. By using hdAlbum EZ, or providing us with any information, you expressly consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in the United States and other countries where the privacy laws may be different from those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and waive any claims relating to the collection, processing, or transfer of data outside of your country of residence.
10. RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Canon Inc. reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time at its sole discretion. If we modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. In the event we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through hdAlbum EZ prior to the changes taking effect. Please note that if you do not agree to the modified Privacy Statement, you may not use hdAlbum EZ.
End of document