Getting Started with External Flash Photography
Please agree to Terms & Conditions before adding product to cart
Flash photography is about to go from scary to simple. With a bit of expert guidance, flash will make your photos more interesting, intriguing and artistic. Go beyond your camera's built-in flash and make external Speedlites your photographic ally in dim light and in many other situations. Canon expert, author and noted "Speedliter" Syl Arena will get you started.
Discover helpful flash facts that will help you understand:
- When to use flash
- Proper camera settings
- How to balance flash with natural or ambient lighting
- Best methods to control shadows
- How to select the best Speedlite for you
- Keys to avoiding common flash mistakes
Friendly, fun and easy-to-follow, this class will help you explore the power of lighting in a bold new way—with flash photography.
This course is for photographers who are comfortable with their camera and want tips on basic lighting with an external Speedlite flash.
- Introduction (1:36)
- Benefits of Using Speedlites (5:42)
- Which Speedlite is Right for Me? (11:02)
- A Quick Look at Shooting Modes (5:14)
- Flash Exposure Basics (15:17)
- Blending Speedlite Flash with Ambient Light (13:48)
- Understanding Speedlite Sync Modes (16:29)
- Creating Soft Light with Speedlites (17:41)
- Wrap-Up (2:34)