EOS Rebel T4i Body
Out of Stock
What is a CarePAK PLUS Service Plan?Click Here for details
Protection from Accidental Damage
Additional Hardware Coverage
Service & Support Directly from Canon
Priority Service and Free Returns
Always Genuine Canon Products & Parts
Please accept the Terms & Conditions for accidental coverage before adding item to cart.
Inspiration on Demand
Canon is proud to introduce its most sophisticated Rebel ever - the EOS Rebel T4i DSLR! Built to make advanced photography simple and fun, the new Rebel T4i delivers phenomenal image quality, high performance, and fast, intuitive operation. This EOS Rebel amps up the speed with the powerful DIGIC 5 Image Processor that helps make high-speed continuous shooting of up to 5.0 fps possible-great for capturing fast action. An 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor ensures that every image is shot in superb, high resolution; and an extended ISO range of 100-12800 gives photographers the opportunities to take the Rebel T4i into more shooting situations than ever before. A 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual cross f/2.8 center point) delivers improved autofocus performance, and a new Hybrid CMOS AF System increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and video in Live View. For users interested in creating impressive videos, the Rebel T4i is ready to help you create your next masterpiece. Movie Servo AF provides continuous focus of moving subjects, so you never miss a moment. A built-in stereo microphone and manual audio level adjustment helps ensure that your audio will match the stunning quality of your video. First ever for an EOS Rebel, the Rebel T4i features a Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II, which allows fast and intuitive camera operation. Add compatibility with Canon's proven EF and EF-S lenses and a slew of EOS accessories, the Rebel T4i is an incredibly versatile tool for creating the images and videos you envision.
The EOS Rebel T4i features Canon's amazing 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor. Perfect for enlargements or for cropping detailed portions of the composition, the EOS Rebel T4i's sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range. This first-lass sensor features many of the same new technologies used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light-gathering efficiency and has center pixels that aid in the EOS Rebel T4i's accurate AF performance. This APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view.
14-bit A/D Conversion
With 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion, the EOS Rebel T4i captures and records images with remarkable gradations and detail in subtle tones and colors, resulting in more realistic and detailed images.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The Rebel T4i is the first Rebel to feature Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the camera's CMOS sensor to deliver images with incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. Thanks to its new DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the EOS Rebel T4i features an expanded ISO range of ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode) that makes shooting possible in situations previously unthinkable without flash.
High-speed Continuous Shooting
A Rebel first, the EOS Rebel T4i can shoot up to 5.0 frames per second, continuously. Thanks to improvements in the shutter mechanism, the mirror drive and the camera's sensor, the EOS Rebel T4i is ready for action.
Improved Autofocus Performance and New Hybrid CMOS AF
When shooting through the viewfinder, the EOS Rebel T4i has improved autofocus with a new 9-point, all cross-type AF system (including high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point) for accurate focus. A new AI Servo AF system achieves and maintains consistent focus with an exceptional degree of reliability. The EOS Rebel T4i features Canon's amazing new Hybrid CMOS AF System, perfect for shooting photos and video in Live View.
Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie Mode with Movie Servo AF
Capable of shooting in a number of recording sizes and frame rates the Rebel T4i sets a whole new standard for performance, quality and simplicity. The Rebel T4i enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View features, even in-camera editing! New Movie Servo AF allows continuous autofocus tracking of moving subjects while recording video. When shooting video with one of Canon's new STM lenses, Movie Servo AF takes advantage of the lens' stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous AF. With an STM lens attached, the EOS Rebel T4i sets a new standard for SLR moviemaking performance!
New Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II with multi-touch operation and Touch AF
The EOS Rebel T4i comes with a newly engineered, Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II. Using the same capacitive technology as today's popular mobile devices, this new screen is touch-sensitive and delivers intuitive touch panel operation. Two finger touch gestures (multi-touch) can be used for zooming or changing images, menu and quick control settings can be accessed, and focus point and shutter release can be activated with the touch of a fingertip. Displaying fine detail (at approximately 1.04 million dots), this screen is perfect for composing and reviewing images. Thanks to a new, solid construction between the monitor's resin-coated cover and the liquid crystal display, reflections are minimized, and the display can be viewed, without glare, from any number of angles. The LCD's surface is treated with a smudge-resistant coating to minimize fingerprints and maintain a bright, clear image display.
Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera with built-in flash
SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
* Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) and Eye-Fi Cards.
22.3 x 14.9 mm (APS-C size)
Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses
(35mm-equivalent focal length is approx.1.6x the lens focal length)
Canon EF mount
Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
4.3 µm square
Total pixels: Approx. 18.50 megapixels
3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 5 sec.).
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.30
(1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3,456 x 2,304)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2,592 x 1,728)
(4) Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) Small 3: Approx. 350,000 Pixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
The following three types of file numbering method can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
* The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera's card.
(2) Auto reset
* When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
(3) Manual reset
* Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording
Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously
sRGB, Adobe RGB
Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy (Twilight and Sunset), Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom (Custom White Balance: Approx. 2,000° - 10,000° K)
Auto White Balance
Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
White balance correction:
- Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
- Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
Color Temperature Information Transmission
Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
Approx. 0.85x / 23.8°
Approx. 19 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
-3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
1) AF information (AF points and focus confirmation light)
2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning)
3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
4) Image information (Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1-digit display), white balance correction, SD card information)
Depth Of Field Preview
Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
9 points (All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6., Center AF point is diagonal cross-type at f/2.8.)
AF Working Range
EV -0.5 - 18 (at 23°C/73°F and ISO 100, based on Canon's testing standards)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF (*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF)
AF Point Selection
(1) Manual selection
(2) Auto selection
* Automatically set in Basic Zone modes.
Selected AF Point Display
Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor
AF Assist Beam
(1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash
(2) Effective range: Approx. 13.1 ft./4 m. at center, approx. 11.5 ft /3.5 m. at periphery
* With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
* Compatible with assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 270EX II, 320EX, and 270EX flashes.
Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor
Evaluative metering, partial metering (center: approx. 9% of viewfinder), spot metering (center: approx. 4% of viewfinder), center-weighted average metering
* AE lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.
EV 1.0 - EV 20.0 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Flash Off
(3) Creative Auto
(8) Night Portrait
(9) Handheld Night Scene mode
(10) HDR Backlight Control mode
ISO Speed Range
1. Manual setting range of ISO 100-12800, expansion to ISO 25600
2. Auto, ISO 100-6400 (in whole-stop increments)
- In Creative Zone modes, the maximum ISO speed (ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200, or 6400) for ISO Auto can be set.
- With C.Fn-6-1 (Highlight tone priority), ISO 200 or higher will be set.
|Shooting Mode||ISO Settings|
|Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, HDR Backlight Control mode||ISO 100–6400|
|Handheld Night Scene mode||ISO 100–12800|
|Portrait||ISO 100 fixed∗1|
|P, TV, Av, M*2||ISO–6400∗3|
|With flash||ISO 400 fixed∗4,5|
Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB ±2 stops)
AEB : ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
* If the exposure compensation exceeds ±2 stops, the left or right icon appears in the viewfinder.
* Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination.
* AEB is set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure.
* If AEB is used with the self-timer, the three bracketed shots will be taken in succession after the 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.
(1) Auto AE lock
* In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
* In the P, Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
* Enabled in all metering modes.
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
1/4000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Scene Intelligent Auto)
1/4000 to 30 sec., bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
* Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.075 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.150 sec.
* Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes AF operation time.
Compatible with Remote Controller RC-6, RC-1, and RC-5
Remote control mode (via menu) for video shooting provided
* You can start or stop video shooting immediately with the wireless remote control's 2-sec. delay mode (operates as immediate start/stop).
* Still photo shooting is possible with the wireless remote control's immediate shutter-release mode.
Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentamirror
Flash Metering System
E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE lock
Approx. 13/43 (at ISO 100 in meters/feet)
Approx. 3 sec.
Flash Ready Indicator
Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
Up to 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 135 format)
Flash Exposure Compensation
Up to ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and Speedlite can be set with the camera.
E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE Lock
Flash Exposure Compensation
±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
Single, Continuous, 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control, 2-sec. self-timer, Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Continuous Shooting Speed
Max. approx. 5.0 fps (with One-Shot AF or AI SERVO AF)
* Same as with Battery Grip BG-E8 loaded with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries.
Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 22 Shots
RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
Based on UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 30 Shots
RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Face Detection + Tracking AF
- FlexiZone - Multi (31 zones, AF at the touched Zone)
- FlexiZone - Single
- Quick Mode AF
(2) Manual focusing
*Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
Evaluative metering, partial metering, spot metering, center-weighted average metering
EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23°C/73°F, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
Provided (Two-type grid displays)
MOV (Image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
1920 x 1080: 330 MB/min.
1280 x 720: 330 MB/min.
640 x 480: 82.5 MB/min.
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps: Approx. 22 min.
25 fps: Approx. 22 min.
24 fps: Approx. 22 min.
60 fps: 22 min.
50 fps: 22 min. [640 x 480]
30 fps: 1 hr. 32 min.
25 fps: 1 hr. 32 min.
1. Face Detection + Tracking AF
2. FlexiZone - Multi (31 zones, AF at the touched zone)
3. FlexiZone - Single
(2) Manual focus
1. Magnify the image by approx. 5x or approx. 10x and focus manually.
2. Magnified view is not possible during video shooting.
Auto ISO range: ISO 100-6400
Manual ISO range: ISO 100-6400, H12800
*If highlight tone priority is set, automatically set within ISO 200 or higher.
(1) Program AE for video shooting
* In Basic Zone modes, P, Av, and Tv modes
* Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (Signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set.
(2) Manual exposure
* For manual exposure.
* Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
Provided (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
* For video, exposure compensation will not be applied beyond ±3 stops even if the exposure compensation has been set beyond ±3 stops.
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with Touch Panel LCD (capacitive type)
3.0 in. (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
Approx. 1,040,000 dots
Viewing Angle: 170° (vertically and horizontally)
Auto: Brightness adjusted automatically by the light sensor, Manual: 7 levels provided
25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
(1) Single image display
- Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram display
- 4-image index and 9-image index.
- 1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, movies, stills, rating
On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight areas with no image data will blink.
When you press the Quick Control function button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below:
*The settable functions depend on the shooting mode
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture Style, white balance, Auto Lighting Optimizer, built-in flash func. setting, AF mode, drive mode, metering mode, and image recording quality. (2) With Live View shooting:
AF mode, drive mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image-recording quality, and built-in flash func. setting. (3) With video shooting:
AF mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image recording quality (stills), video-recording size, and video snapshot.
Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images on folder, erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- RAW images printable.
- Video cannot be printed.
DPOF print ordering provided (Complies to DPOF Version 1.1)
* If both Standard and Index are set, only Standard will take effect for printing.
Eight Custom Functions with 24 settings settable with the camera
My Menu Registration
Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
Video Out Terminal
(1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
(2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal
Extension System Terminal
One Battery Pack LP-E8
* With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8, AC power is possible.
* With BG-E8, two battery packs (LP-E8) can be used. Or six size-AA/LR6 batteries can be used.
1) Camera body only
|Shooting Method||Temperature||Shooting Conditions|
|AE 100%||AE 50%, FA 50%|
|Viewfinder Shooting||At 73°F/ 23°C||Approx. 550 shots||Approx. 440 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 470 shots||Approx. 400 shots|
|Live View shooting||At 73°F /23°C||Approx. 200 shots||Approx. 180 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 170 shots||Approx. 150 shots|
2) With Battery Grip BG-E8
|Shooting Method||Battery||Temperature||Shooting Conditions (Approx.)|
|AE 100%||AE 50%, FA 50%|
|Viewfinder Shooting||LP-E8 x 1||Same as (1)|
|LP-E8 x 2||At 73°F/ 23°C||Approx. 1100 shots||Approx. 880 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 940 shots||Approx. 800 shots|
|Size AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries||At 73°F/ 23°C||Approx. 470 shots||Approx. 270 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 130 shots||Approx. 80 shots|
|Live View shooting||LP-E8 x 1||Same as (1)|
|LP-E8 x 2||At 73°F/ 23°C||Approx. 400 shots||Approx. 360 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 340 shots||Approx. 300 shots|
|Size AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries||At 73°F/ 23°C||Approx. 180 shots||Approx. 150 shots|
|At 32°F/ 0°C||Approx. 30 shots||Approx. 30 shots|
Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON.
Battery level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
* [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min. or disable
Built-in secondary battery. When fully-charged, the date/time can be maintained for about three months.
Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Approx. 5.2 x 3.9 x 3.1 in./ 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8 mm
Approx. 18.3 oz. / 520 g (body only)
Approx. 20.3 oz. / 575 g (CIPA Guidelines)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
85% or less
If a problem occurs with a non-Canon lens attached to the camera, consult the lens maker.
Canon, DIGIC and EOS Rebel are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are registered trademarks or trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.
|EOS Rebel T4i Body Kit Contents|