Creative Lighting with External Flash
Please agree to Terms & Conditions before adding product to cart
Ready to go further with Speedlites? Host Bob Davis illuminates with many ways to produce more alluring, attractive, and arresting images. With Bob's expert tips, you'll learn the difference between optical and radio wireless flashes, and discover new creative possibilities - without the constraints of an on-camera flash.
It's time to get the flash off your camera and learn how to:
- Produce a huge variety of creative effects - with as little as one off-camera flash
- Make dynamic photos by making dynamic light
- Create dramatic modified lighting with softboxes, diffusers and umbrellas
- Produce big studio results from small set-ups
Discover how to use Speedlite flashes for ultimate control and creativity.
This course is for advanced photographers who want to learn about more dynamic flash photography techniques.
- Introduction (1:34)
- What's in Bob Davis' Kit, and How it All Works Together (14:11)
- Exploring Speedlite Modifiers (9:28)
- Speedlite Basics - Flash Exposure Controls (19:10)
- Getting Started With Off-Camera Optical Speedlites (8:11)
- Radio Transmission (17:03)
- Getting Creative: Evolving the Look with One Off-Camera Speedlite (27:00)
- Balancing the Speedlite with Ambient Window Light (11:14)
- Building a Shot with Theatrical Gels (11:02)
- Balancing Flash Outdoors with High Speed Sync (22:21)
- Studio Quality Lighting in Small Spaces (7:10)
- Wrap-Up (1:09)