CanoScan LiDE 400
High Quality, Fast Scanning Made Easy
The full color image scanner made for scanning photos and documents in high-resolution.
With the CanoScan LiDE 400 high quality scanning has never been easier. With 8 second high speed scanning1, 5 built-in 'EZ' buttons and 4800 x 4800 dpi resolution2, every scan is fast, easy, and looks great.
- Color document scan speed (Color Letter/A4 300dpi) is measured with ISO/IEC 29183 Target-A. Color photo scan speed: (Color 4"x6" 300 dpi) is measured with ISO/JIS SCID No.2. Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and when the on-screen status display turns off. Scan speed is measured using a USB 3.0 interface using the included USB cable on a PC, and may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, scan mode settings and document size etc.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard. Increasing the scanning resolution will limit the maximum possible scanning area.
- Auto Scan Mode is available when scanning at a computer using IJ Scan Utility or IJ Scan Utility Lite software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC." or using the Auto Scan Mode 'EZ' button on select models. Auto Scan Mode is not available in upright scanning mode.
- Extracting text from scanned images (OCR (Optical Character Recognition)) is only available when extracting text when scanning via Document, Custom, or Driver settings using IJ Scan Utility/IJ Scan Ut ility Lite software on a compatible operating system. For more information, please see the product User Manual.
- Internet Connection required during software installation. For full compatibility macOS v10.12.1 or later is recommended.
- Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1.
- Connection Required. Requires active Cloud service account, and required software must be installed on computer for "Send To Cloud" function to work with those services.
- Scanning on the Linux operating systems requires "ScanGear MP for Linux" scanner driver installed. Certain exceptions may apply.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
- Product box dimensions measured in vertical box configuration.