If you want to print both quality photos as well as crisp documents, the PIXMA MG2420 Inkjet All-In-One is the printer for you. Its hybrid ink system combines dye ink for vivid colors and black pigment ink for sharp text. It lets you produce beautiful prints at home with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 600 dpi1 using FINE print head technology.
The stylish PIXMA MG2420 has a compact body, so it fits just about anywhere in your home. Full HD Movie Print2 turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot digital cameras, and VIXIA digital camcorders into beautiful prints! And the Quiet Mode lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you. Plus, the Auto Power On feature automatically powers up the printer whenever you send a photo or document to be printed. In fact, the PIXMA MG2420 is a certified silver EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) imaging device.
The PIXMA MG2420 comes with My Image Garden3 software that puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print2, in one convenient software application. Celebrate your vivid memories by creating custom prints from your treasure trove of photos and videos. My Image Garden3 also helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition. Plus, creative templates in various color combinations and patterns help to inspire your photo projects. In addition, you'll have access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM4 where you can download exclusive creative projects and content.
2. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
3. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
4. Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the App Store and Google Play. Compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, the new iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad running OS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
5. AirPrint™ functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint™-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6. Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
7. May vary depending on the output environment.
8. Letter size, after being restored from energy saver mode.
9. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
10. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
11. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.