NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT
IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Canon Online Store 2014 Back to School Sweepstakes (" Sweepstakes" ) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Canon U.S.A., Inc (" Sponsor" ), and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Promotion Parties" ), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes shall take place during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period starts on July 10, 2014 at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET" ) and ends on August 7, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. ET. Sponsor's clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: During the Sweepstakes Period: visit the Canon Online Store and 1) place one or more orders. For the first order placed by you each day during the Sweepstakes Period, you will receive one automatic entry into the Sweepstakes; for each $100 in your merchandise subtotal per order, you will receive an additional automatic entry into the Sweepstakes, or (2) to enter without making a purchase, visit the Canon Online Store Back to School Sweepstakes page at http://shout.lt/wRBG and submit up to one (1) email entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period (" Sweepstakes Entry" ). By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, you consent to receiving direct messages and/or emails from Sponsor and/or its licensees and assignees relating to the Sweepstakes. FOR MOBILE USERS - Data rates may apply. You will be charged according to your mobile phone service provider's rate plans. Please consult your mobile phone service provider regarding rate plans. Entry into the Sweepstakes is free. Limit one (1) valid Sweepstakes Entry per person per day per method of Entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt to make more than the stated number of Sweepstakes Entries by any method may void all Sweepstakes Entries from that entrant. Incomplete Sweepstakes Entries, including but not limited to those Sweepstakes Entries that do not address the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, will not be eligible. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or improper means and Sweepstakes Entries made by any means which subvert the participation process will be void in Sponsor's sole discretion.
4. Conditions of Submission:
- a. Anyone found using multiple mailing addresses to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified.
- b. By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry each entrant represents and warrants that Entrant has not won any prizes via a Canon U.S.A. Contest or Sweepstakes within the past 90 days.
- c. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Random Sweepstakes Drawings: On or about August 13, 2014, following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner, three (3) potential Second Prize winners, and two (2) potential Third Prize winners from among all valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners will be notified via email on or about August 20, 2014. If a potential winner cannot be reached or fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Canon, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
6. Prizes, ARV, and Odds of Winning: Prizes:
Grand Prize (one winner): $500 in Canon eCash; Second Prize (three winners): $250 in Canon eCash, and Third Prize (five winners): $100 in Canon eCash. To be redeemed only at the Canon Online Store. After verification of winners, a redemption code will be emailed to each winner good for the value of the respective winner's Prize. Prize must be redeemed in a single transaction and any balance remaining at the conclusion of such transaction will be forfeited. Prize must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Additional terms and restrictions apply to shopping at the Canon Online Store; see Customer Service section at
customer service page
for shopping terms and conditions. No substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor's sole discretion. If a Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the respective Winner. The odds of winning one of the Prizes depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The total Canon Online Store value of the Prizes is $1,750. If a Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept his/her Prize or Sponsor is unable to contact a Winner, that Prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative Winner, Sponsor will select this alternative Winner at random from all remaining eligible entrants.
7. Limitation of Liability: Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, or undeliverable e-mail or direct messages; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/ Internet / website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Promotion Parties are not are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to an entrant's or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted, or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, the entrant's sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the Winner(s), in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the Winner(s) from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. Sweepstakes Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible entries will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the Website, attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or otherwise acts in a disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and, by entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, are governed by the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Suffolk County, New York. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if any entrant is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage, including without limitation property damage, personal injury or death, incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation any claim based on copyright infringement, trademark infringement, misappropriation, false association, right of publicity, right of privacy, defamation, any other intellectual property-related cause of action and/or breach of contract; (b) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Release / Publicity Rights: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, each Winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Use of Data:
on this page
10. Winners' List Requests: To receive a copy of the Winners' List for this Sweepstakes (available after September 15, 2014) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List Request, Canon Online Store Back to School 2014 Sweepstakes," c/o Internet Marketing Department, One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747 (no later than October 15, 2014).
11. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747.